Accessibility resources to help you communicate about COVID-19
The CQC have put together a list of resources to help people communicate with others about COVID-19.
- Beyond Words is providing free picture stories and illustrated guides to support people with learning disabilities and autism through the coronavirus pandemic
- Imperial College London, in partnership with the BME Health Forum and the North West London Clinical Commissioning Groups have produced a series of videos aimed at encouraging people to continue to use health services if they are unwell. They are available in English, Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish and Sylheti.
- Resources from Learning Disability England
- Signhealth has made their InterpreterNow remote BSL interpretation service available for free across all healthcare services
- Signhealth is providing a videos of summaries of key coronavirus guidance in BSL
- Public Health England stay at home guidance, translated and in easy read
- NHS guidelines translated into up to 50 languages by Doctors of the World and find video advice here
- Easy read information on COVID-19 from Mencap
- The handwashing rap, produced to help people who have a learning disability