Changes you want to see
Last year we heard from local people and community organisations about their experiences in a number of different areas of health and social care.
Here are some examples of the changes that you want to see.
- Make it easier to see a doctor or nurse quickly
- Equitable access and treatment
- Affordable, high quality, safe domiciliary care
- Increase the support for unpaid carers including access to affordable respite care
- Better communication between services, especially around hospital discharge for people with support needs
- Services should provide information so that people can make informed decisions about their care
Highlights of how we have engaged and supported people in 2018-19
- 325 people shared their health and social care story with us
- We have represented the public at 132 meetings including the Health & Wellbeing Board
- 447 people accessed Healthwatch advice and information online, received our regular information bulletin or contacted us with questions about local support
- We visited 62 community organisations and events to understand people’s experiences of care and collected and delivered 116 hours of outreach on our information bus
- 386 people shared their views on services by taking part in our surveys
- Our social media posts have had a reach of 79,500 and visitors have had 3,099 sessions on our website